Location: 130 Sardis Road Asheville NC 28806
Weekend 4 April 04-07, 2019
DIETARY THERAPY: Prevention, Wellness, and Therapeutics
Perhaps the most important avenue of medical intervention one can take is through a deep evaluation of one’s nutritional habits. This course will incorporate the physiology of digestion and clinical applications of Chinese Medicine based nutritional strategies. This weekend we will look at Western nutritional substances in a Chinese medicine frame work. We will also explore diets for different stages of life and various TCM patterns.
Offered in-person only.
Attend entire series or individual weekends.
Early Registration Discount for All 4 Weekends Available Through September 15th
Click here to register
Day 1: An Understanding of Western Nutritional Substances in Chinese Medicine – Proteins, Carbs, Fats
- Intro to Western Nutritional Substances from a Chinese Medicine Perspective: Proteins, Carbs, and Fats. Understanding the benefits and risks of a diet totally focused on Proteins, Carbs, and Fats.
- Roles of Minerals in Nutrition from a Chinese Medical Perspective. Specific foods and their mineral content, food combinations for optimal mineral extraction.
Day 2: Diet for Disease Prevention and Wellness – Food Therapy for Different Stages of Life
- Seasonal Foods and Foods for Pregnancy and Children.
- Foods for Adolescence, Adulthood, and the Elderly.
Day 3: Diet for TCM Patterns – Excesses and Stagnations
- Diet plans and protocols for treating excesses and stagnations – Foods for Prevention.
- Diet plans and protocols for treating Excesses and Stagnations – Foods for the treatment of acute and chronic Excesses and Stagnations.
Day 4: Diet for TCM Patterns – Deficiencies
- Diet plans and protocols for treating Deficiencies – Foods for Prevention.
- Diet plans and protocols for treating Deficiencies – Foods for the treatment of acute and chronic Deficiencies.