Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Our Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) program offers comprehensive training in the ancient traditions of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. The four-year degree program is steeped in classical training and practices and is centered around each student’s personal cultivation and growth. The program integrates the teachings of both Classical Chinese Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as pertinent bio-medicine. Faculty members bring years of practical experience into the classroom, helping students learn beyond what can be conveyed through textbooks. The supportive classroom environment allows students to learn effectively and feel comfortable putting theories into practice in a clinical setting. From mastering fundamental skills to gaining the confidence to begin successful practices as independent healthcare providers, we prepare students for success.
Some courses in the MAOM program are offered in a hybrid format – mixing face-to-face classroom instruction with online activities and outside resources to reinforce and complement what is learned in class. Hybrid courses offer more convenience and flexibility to fit into students’ busy schedules. We offer hybrid courses in asynchronous and synchronous formats. See the Q&A about Hybrid Courses for more information. Click Here for Hybrid Program Format FAQ
Graduates are able to:
1. Explain the philosophies and theories of Chinese medicine.
2. Formulate a skilled diagnosis.
3. Develop effective treatment plans.
4. Identify and advise on lifestyle matters influencing the state of health.
5. Describe basic business management skills in order to establish successful practices or work in a variety of clinical settings.
6. Demonstrate in a clinical setting those skills needed to function independently as a health care practitioner.
7. Identify conditions that warrant referral and make appropriate referrals.
8. Incorporate Daoist principles into the practice of Chinese medicine.
9. Pass the NCCAOM certification exams.
For more information, click here for our Academic Catalog.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please visit our our MAOM Disclosures page.